First of all, let’s have a moment of OMG FOUR BOOKS FOUR BOOKS FOUR BOOKS.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system…
- What are these four books?!?!
- Well, one of them is the sequel to VICIOUS!!!! And one is the third book in the SHADES OF MAGIC series!!! And one is the ‘Devil Book’ I’ve mentioned here and there around the internet–aka the book of my dark soul and probably the only love story I’ll ever write–and the fourth is a secret.
- I thought VICIOUS was a standalone!
- VICIOUS was, in fact, always designed to be the first in a series, but I feel very strongly that first books should always be able to stand on their own. That said, many people who’ve finished VICIOUS have rightly suspected that I wasn’t done with Victor Vale and the rest of the book’s motley crew.
- How many books are in the SHADES OF MAGIC series?
- That’s a very good question! I thought it was going to be a trilogy, but it’s safer to think of it as a series. I have always had the arc planned out, and known where it was going and how it would end, but as the world and cast have grown, the adventure has, too. I don’t believe in adding for the sake of adding, so the series will only be as long as it needs to in order to tell the story. Whether that’s 3 or 4 books, I’m not totally sure.
- Wait let’s get back to VICIOUS!!! Does the sequel have a title? When is it coming out? What can you tell me??
- Haha, right now, I can only tell you what’s in that PW announcement 😉 You’ll have to stay tuned for more.
Right now I just want to say thank you. Thank you to my incredible agent, Holly, the hardest-working champion in the world. And thank you to my amazing editor, Miriam. I want to make book babies with you forever.
But most of all, thank you to my readers. NONE of this would happen without your love and support. Thank you for buying books, for spreading the word, for demanding more Victor Vale. Thank you for helping me make this dream of mine a reality.