Late last night, a Monday PW post went up early and broke the news.
First of all, let’s have a moment of OMG FOUR BOOKS FOUR BOOKS FOUR BOOKS.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system…
- What are these four books?!?!
- Well, one of them is the sequel to VICIOUS!!!! And one is the third book in the SHADES OF MAGIC series!!! And one is the ‘Devil Book’ I’ve mentioned here and there around the internet–aka the book of my dark soul and probably the only love story I’ll ever write–and the fourth is a secret.
- I thought VICIOUS was a standalone!
- VICIOUS was, in fact, always designed to be the first in a series, but I feel very strongly that first books should always be able to stand on their own. That said, many people who’ve finished VICIOUS have rightly suspected that I wasn’t done with Victor Vale and the rest of the book’s motley crew.
- How many books are in the SHADES OF MAGIC series?
- That’s a very good question! I thought it was going to be a trilogy, but it’s safer to think of it as a series. I have always had the arc planned out, and known where it was going and how it would end, but as the world and cast have grown, the adventure has, too. I don’t believe in adding for the sake of adding, so the series will only be as long as it needs to in order to tell the story. Whether that’s 3 or 4 books, I’m not totally sure.
- Wait let’s get back to VICIOUS!!! Does the sequel have a title? When is it coming out? What can you tell me??
- Haha, right now, I can only tell you what’s in that PW announcement 😉 You’ll have to stay tuned for more.
Right now I just want to say thank you. Thank you to my incredible agent, Holly, the hardest-working champion in the world. And thank you to my amazing editor, Miriam. I want to make book babies with you forever.
But most of all, thank you to my readers. NONE of this would happen without your love and support. Thank you for buying books, for spreading the word, for demanding more Victor Vale. Thank you for helping me make this dream of mine a reality.
I will have them ALL!
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!! I already keep spamming you in twitter, but still, let me just say this, YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I am just in awe with your multi tasking and talent, and the fangirl in me is so excited to read all the books!
Congrats and good luck!!! 😀
I keep saying this everywhere but I’m so excited for the Vicious sequel that I don’t even know what to do with myself. I often experience “series drops” where I’m actually planning on finishing a series but for some reason I lose motivation so I just don’t, but there’s no way that’s happening here omg I’m SO EXCITED, THANK YOU!
I havent read Vicious nor A darker shades of magic but I have heard amazing things about them that I’m so excited for these lol
Congratulations, what a deal! Xoxo
This is so incredibly exciting!! I’m of course thrilled with finding out there will be more to the “Vicious” world but honestly I could not be any more over the moon excited to hear that thereay be as many as 4 books in the “Shades of Magic” series. What a wonderful way to kick off October! It’s like Christmas has come early, I don’t even know what to do with myself!
I am so happy, Victoria. You’re my muse and inspiration and the thought of having 4 books of yours on my hands, in my grasp… is just *shivers* wonderful. But…. I also think my heart just breaks. I see no mentions of the next Archived book 😦 Are you truly and well done with Mackenzie? I hope there will be some news on it soon. ANYTHING to bring solace to the fans of the Archived books. I don’t know about the rest but I am dying slowly inside xD
Again, CONGRATS. It’s true what they say. HARD WORKS PAY OFF ♡
The Archived was Hyperion, so it would have to be a totally separate deal anyway. 😉 If people make enough noise about it, maybe, eventually, we’ll get lucky! I have my fingers crossed too!
Nope, I’ve said several places online that I fully intend to finish that series, but as Jami says below, different publishers!
YAY! So glad we’ll be seeing more of your books! Tor’s been doing a lot of multibook deals this year, seems like, and I’m glad of it! It means more pretty solidly guaranteed books from favorite authors!
I’m thrilled about this! I’ve been recommending A Darker Shade of Magic to everyone who would listen, so knowing there’s definitely at least a trilogy happening is brilliant 🙂
Yes! I have bought copies of Vicious for so many of my friends. When I read this I had to call my favourite person just to tell them there was going to be a sequel because I needed more Vicious in my life something terrible!
OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING AHHHH!!! I cannot wait to hear more about your new books!! congrats to you though!! Definitley looking forward to This Savage Song 😉
Ayyy I’m so happy!!!!!!!!
Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant!!!
You so deserve it! 😀 So proud of you!
I’ll be getting all of em! 😆
[…] She announced a second book recently on her blog. […]
[…] …and toasting our new four-book deal! […]
[…] Author: V.E. Schwab Series?: Published as a standalone, now first in a series! Genre: Adult Science Fiction Publication Date: September 24th, 2013 Source: Purchased via Book […]
Not so surprsing after that, that Teens discovered putting
on boots an attractive alternative as well as they were adopted for the dance floor.
I just like the helpful info you provide for your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check once more right here frequently.
I am slightly sure I’ll be told lots of new stuff proper here!
Good luck for the following!