Random List of Random Things!
1. So, I’m in between rounds of edits on THE ARCHIVED (see #6) and furiously working on a project called ANGST KITTENS. ANGST KITTENS, incidentally, is listed in the “Other Projects” section of this blog, but it’s basically a story, not a book, and that’s about all I’m saying right now. The point is I’ve been working on it. And by working on it, I mean it’s been punching me in the face repeatedly and calling me mean names. But such is the creative process…I think.
2. ANYWAY, in the course of being punched in the face repeatedly by a word document, I’ve neglected to pick a Give Thanks Giveaway winner! So let’s do that. And due to the amazing entries, I’m picking THREE winners, so…
Carissa Thomas, you win a signed and narbooked copy of The Near Witch!
Amy at Tripping Over Books, you win a signed and narbooked copy of The Near Witch!
Hannah Courtney, you win a signed and narbooked copy of The Near Witch!
I seriously wish I could give EVERY SINGLE ENTRANT a signed and narbooked copy. Your answers were positively inspiring. With Christmas around the corner, there will be more opportunities to win.
3. In the course of the giveaway, Denise Z asked if there is a way to order a signed copy of The Near Witch (I hear they make good Christmas presents)! The answer to that: I signed a TON of copies at Books of Wonder in NYC, so you should contact them. I am not 100% certain they ship books, but I imagine they do. Let me know…
4. I saw a community theater production of Dr. Horrible. As someone who can recite THE ENTIRE WEBSHOW, it was amazing. Joss Whedon has been one of my heroes for a looooong time, but I didn’t realize until recently that he’s also a major inspiration. VAGABOND PUPPIES (not real title) was totally inspired by Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog. Only it’s not funny or light or a musical, but hey, that’s the way inspiration works. A seed, not a full tree.
5. At some point I am going to accept the fact that, while I can be a FUNNY writer, I do not write about FUNNY things. I will leave that to my friends. I had a moment yesterday when I wondered if I could insert a little levity into ANGST KITTENS, which is basically ANGST SADFACE KISSING ANGST PAIN ANGST HORROR MOAR ANGST. And…well. Yeah.
6. THE ARCHIVED – This is my next novel. It comes out January 2013. I am soooo freaking excited that it’s almost 2012 because at some point in 2012 I WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT IT. And there will be, you know, ARCs and stuff :))