1. So. I apparently used up all my productivity and focus in WRITING this book, because polishing it has been like that scene in Brendan Frazier’s George of the Jungle where he’s stuck in the apartment and decides to chug a container of ground coffee, and then can’t focus on the TV screen. Minus the hyper.
2. The countdown to THE NEAR WITCH is finally into double digits (less than 100 days). This is cool. Especially considering it started at nearly 700 days. That’s a LOT of days.
3. Next week (May 2nd, to be exact) there will be a giveaway. It will include an ARC and a unicorn.
4. I need to cut down on the chocolate. Even as I say that, I hear the internet laughing hysterically.
5. I can read again! Now that I have a working draft, the reading ban has lifted. Just finished CoFA (that series is like crack), now onto Imaginary Girls (oh yeah, be jealous), Vanished, Angel, The Body Finder, and a crap ton of classics, including Canterbury Tales (re-read), David Copperfield (my god this book is long), The Faerie Queene, Anna Karenina, etc. etc. etc.
6. I have been introduced to a website called ZOOBORNS. I think the cuteness might eat my soul. Examples.
7. I read a page of The Dictionary of Phrase and Fable every night before bed (for serious). So far I’ve learned…
–DAISY comes from DAY’S EYE
–Sailors wouldn’t cut their hair or nails because these would be seen as offerings to Proserpine, and might offend Neptune
–We say “raining cats and dogs” because in northern myth, the cats were seen to have great influence over weather, and dogs were associated with Odin, god of storms
–About a zillion other things
I think that is all for me this Monday. I must go in search of my focus. Maybe I can lure it out with candy. I hope YOU are all well. Anything fun to tell me? Any questions? And random nuggets of knowledge? Pleas for cookies?
Leave it in the comments.