This post is inspired by Annika Klein, who made me think about what I would have in MY writer panic room. So, it being Friday, and me being in no way capable of another serious post right now, I thought I’d tell you.
The panic room in this case will mean the safe space. The place you would go if/when you felt yourself slipping/eating rolls of cookie dough/rocking in the corner.
Also, I am much more interested in what YOU would have in YOUR writer panic room.
1. Squishables. Lots and lots of Squishables. Especially that Narwhal*
2. The Princess Bride. No surprise here. I can RECITE this movie. I am not joking. (Most appropriate quote at the moment: “We’ll never survive!” “Nonsense. You only say that because no one ever has!”**)
3. A tray of cookies. Magical, all-you-can-eat-and-not-get-fat cookies preferred, but any will do. Or cakepops. Or cupcakes. Or pretty much anything containing sugar.
4. A job guide. Because when I get stressed, my favorite thing is to think of other possible occupations, most of which have an even high ratio of STARVING to ARTIST).
5. A treadmill? Trees? A puppy? The options are endless.
But I want to know what YOU would put in your writer/blogger/creative person panic room.
*Anyone who brings a stuffed Narwhal of any origin to a NW signing will get a prize. For reals.
**I have actually considered starting every blog post with a “Most Appropriate PB Quote.”***
***I am a real writer but I can NEVER REMEMBER if that period goes on the inside or the outside in that case. FAIL.