July means a lot of things to me.
1. July 2nd: It’s my anniversary with my amazing agent today! Hard to believe it’s been a year, but I’m so, incredibly lucky. Happy Anniversary Amy 🙂
2. July 4th: My family goes down to the riverfront here in Nashville each year, and the show is spectacular! I always look forward to it. I found fireworks magical when I was 5, and 15, and now. But something I find even more magical is the look on my father’s face. My father is a computer software genius. He’s all about logic, he’s pretty anal, and he rarely laughs. I love him with every inch of my being. When my father sits down on our picnic blanket, leans back and watches the show, his eyes light up, and this huge little-boy smile spreads across his face. I live for that moment.
3. July 6th: NW goes out on submission! Very, very exciting.
4. July 7th: The Birthday. Hm. I love birthdays, but I have a Peter Pan complex. I don’t want to grow up 😦 I turn 22, and my father (yes, the anal, logic board above) tells me I’m an adult now, and birthdays aren’t such a big deal. My mother disagrees, but my father says that she is a [age redacted]-year-old child.
5. July 28th-August 17th: My trip! My road trip starts July 28th, and it’s going to be awesome! I’m going up through Chicago to see one of my best college friends, then making my way to Butte, Montana, down through Boise, Idaho, Oregon, and down to the Bay Area to spend a week with my cousin, and then driving back and stopping in Colorado! I’m so excited to see some friends, and do some research for Patrick Morgan.