1. Today was a day of contradictions. I walked outside and the sky was crystal clear after the storms, and the sun was hot but the wind was cold in that wonderful way where the shade is a bit too brisk but in the light it’s perfect.
Birds were singing, but there was also a helicopter landing nearby, and the two sounds crisscrossed and cut in to one another like the light and wind. And in the coffee shop the crowd was too loud and the music too soft, and the sound of my keyboard unbearably clear, especially when I wasn’t typing.
2. The Near Witch is coming along! I’m already at about 7,000 words, and I’m hoping it will be about 50,000 when done (I’m hoping to have the pitch soon). I want it to be on the short side, because it’s in large part about stories (esp. ghost stories, which oddly I don’t like to read, because I scare easily, but love to write) and to me, oral stories should be fast, wrap you up and unravel around you and then fade back into the place from which they came.
3. Have I mentioned my distaste for silence?
4. I had a conversation with one of my characters today, while staring at the stripe on the swimming pool floor. It’s always enlightening.
5. My thesis…I should really work on it. I think I’ll go make pudding.
EDIT: It’s gone! Now I’ll have to work *sigh*